The Tuska Mat is an acupressure mat with a coconut inner and thousands of short ABS plastic needles. If you're weighing up if using an acupressure mat is right for you, we've summarised some things you need to know. If you're looking for tips on how to get the most out of your mat, see here.
1. Cheap and natural pain relief
The price of medical pain relief can add up! While sometimes it's necessary to seek medical advice, using the Tuska Mat can be an excellent way to get rid of that back or neck pain that just won't go away. After lying on the mat for more than 5 minutes, you'll start to feel a pulsing warmth in your back, which is your blood rushing to that area - similar to what happens to you following an acupressure massage. This can boost healing and recovery, particularly after running or sports events.
2. Tension relief for a deep and dreamy sleep
If you find it hard to fall asleep when you're stressed out, we're completely with you! When you lie on the Tuska Mat your body will releases stress and tension commonly held in muscles. Not only will you feel more loose, zen and ready for sleep, you'll sleep more deeply.
3. Using acupressure mats releases endorphins for natural anxiety relief
Health professionals recommend acupressure as a process to release endorphins, which have been referred to as the body's natural painkillers, helping to reduce pain and produce a feeling of euphoria. You know that feel good feeling you get after a run? The increased blood pressure from using a Tuska Mat will allow your body to release endorphins.
4. It's super easy to use at home, at work, or when you're on vacay!Sometimes dubbed as an at home massage, the Tuska Mat is easy to store at home ready to pull out when you need it. It's also incredibly easy to transport with the free carry strap, and if you want to fit it into your luggage you can simply remove the coconut-fibre inner and use it on a soft surface when you reach your destination.
5. Helps you reach a state of zen by releasing serotonin
By applying pressure, our body gets tricked into releasing serotonin, a feel good hormone that plays a big part in regulating mood and decreasing stress and anxiety.
View our range our acupressure mats here!